Procerin Research Study Backround
- Procerin comes in a convenient tablet form and topical solution that are used in combination daily for the nutritional therapy of male hair loss. Procerin is a natural supplement available without a prescription. While there are several causes of hair loss, Procerin (topical and tablet together) is effective in reversing hair loss in some men caused by androgenetic alopecia, the most common cause of male hair loss. Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA) results in thinning hair and the familiar receding hairline (or widow's peak.) AGA afflicts approximately 50% of men over the age of 40. It is characterized by a progressive miniaturization of scalp hair follicles in predisposed individuals. AGA hair loss involves a genetically predetermined sensitivity to the effects of the androgenic hormone dihydrotestosterone, or DHT, in certain scalp hair follicles. DHT is believed to shorten the growth, or anagen, phase of the hair cycle, causing the miniaturization of the follicles.
- Speedwinds Nutrition, Inc. has developed this combination of supplements formulated with natural ingredients known to block production of DHT, a major cause of hair loss in men. The active product ingredients illustrated in figure 1 are known DHT inhibitors and are found in the topical solution and nutritional supplement. Illustrated in figure 2 is product ingredient list.
Active ingredients in Procerin have had supportive studies relating to hair growth and or the blocking of DHT.
- The prominent active ingredients of Procerin have been proven to help block DHT (DHT is the chemical which is said to cause hair loss in men) and combat the effects of hair loss and thinning hair. The Procerin package will be positioned as a dietary supplement and topical which slows hair loss and promotes regrowth.
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial to Determine the Effectiveness of Botanically Derived Inhibitors of 5-α-Reductase in the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia published in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine resulted in the demonstration of a positive response for the active ingredients utilized in Procerin and other DHT inhibiting dietary supplements currently on the market. (The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2002, 8(2): 143-152.)
Other proprietary ingredients like Gotu Kola are known to increase blood flow, Nettles are known as an anti-inflammatory and have been used to alter the same mechanism that affect the aging prostate as those in hair loss. Most of the ingredients in Procerin have been shown to assist in hair growth in one way or another.
The clinical trials submitted to the FDA provide strong evidence as to the Procerin product’s efficacy and safety. The same is reported in this Research Study. There were no reported serious adverse events during the Procerin study nor are they expected in the post-study follow-up.
Results from the Procerin Research Study
During the study participants completed a number of questionnaires the answers to which are summarized below in Table 1. and Table 2.
|Table 1 Exit Questionnaire Summary|
|Effective in helping to slow hair loss||5||10||5||1||0|
|Easy to use||4||6||3||3||0|
|Would Recommend to Others||6||8||6||1||0|
|Table 2. Overall Satisfaction|
|Very Satisfied/Satisfied||Somewhat Satisfied||Somewhat Dissatisfied||Dissatisfied|
The key objectives of this study were to:
- Solicit user feedback on the Procerin use.
- Solicit user feed back on any side effect.
- Solicit user feedback on key benefits and key challenges of the Procerin combination use.
- Solicit user feedback into labeling, packaging, and instructions.
- Solicit user feedback on individual experience of product effectiveness.
- Solicit any photographic evidence of efficacy over 90 days.